The old BfDW forum - no game, just talk

You are not connected. Please login or register

A couple of suggestions to get the server activity up!!!!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ganman

Anti-Social
Anti-Social
Hey guys most of u dont no me since I'm new downloading the client atm so was reading thru the forums and had a suggestion or 2.

1. I noticed that server forums still seem to be pretty dead and forums always show players how the game population is gonna be like so I had a few ideas to improve population. I noticed Battle for Dwater on the top 100 private servers list on 2 different sites. I had looked thru it many times before but due to its LOW RANK (below 10 on both) I was always hesitant to join thinking that its just another dead server with the GM's probably just running around and killin each other . So I joined looked around and like wat I C so far. thou wat the GM's should do is to get population increase is to have PEOPLE VOTE MORE for the SERVER. :shock: How u may ask? :suspect: Well for one I have personally seen this on many servers, Gm's do 2 things.
a. they make it so that many maps/items/or drops cant be accessed until the player has voted atleast once for the server at every site. Some games do this just once while others have it once a week. I no this requires that GM's code it into the game which is a bit of work.
b. This one I have always seen to be a more successful way to work the population. What one of the Aions servers I played on did was have it so that when people voted for their server they got something in return such as ingame gold, or points that add up 2 get a prize. For example Gm's could make it so that every 5 times or something someone votes for the game they get a free OP or something depending on how the Gm's like it. Wat this does is give people a incentive and the game rises in ranks very fast and is easily in the top 3 on every site. Then they also have it ingame that a message appears every 2 hours reminding the players to vote so that they can win the free stuff. many people will take the extre 2 minutes and vote if they get something and this works out really well.
This game is built on a very good foundation of pvp and so is the server which I really liked about it and if the GMs really arent after money like they said on the main page, this idea will really bring in ALL those wanderers that r running from server to server. All this server needs is a high rank in every site. We can try for top 5 atleast if not top 3. The competition isnt much either. most of the top servers only have 200-300 vote's which should be easily beatable and accessible.

2. I really really like readin thru the servers forums before I join the game just to see the population, check out the GM's, and just to read about stuff and I was SO Disappointed when I found out that there is no server information page with the drops/special things about the server on it. This server isnt absolute I no but atleast get the rough sketch(the one on the main page really doesnt count) onto the forums. The server info page is the main page that pulls in players and gets them interested in trying the game.

Basically what this server really needs to do right now is change its advertising and welcoming techniques and I can really see this server hitting the list of the top and best shaiya servers out there.

And yes I no I write alot

[GA]rink245

Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador
Would it help if I told you the server is about a month old? And yes we are aware of the current lack of posting on the forums, but I can say there are a lot of active people in game.

Also I can see item farmers from the idea about gold and such. Also imo a server that bribes votes isn't a good server because the players will start thinking that the GM's will just start giving out stuff whenever. It doesn't create a strong player base, just a lot of players who want crap.

As for the information about the server -> http://battle-for-dwater.fruitsandco.com/news-and-events-f1/welcome-to-battle-for-dwater-t4.htm

ganman

Anti-Social
Anti-Social
well i guess thas another way of looking at it I was just saying cause I had seen this somewhere else and it had proven to be really successful but either way I'm just trying to help. Cya guys ingame ^^

regix

Tipsy is my idol
Tipsy is my idol
i'd say making people forced to vote would get people to leave so that's a bad idea and the point system would make people make tons of alt accounts and vote then get the stuff in game and since this account isn't the same as in game the GMs wouldn't know who it was voting and couldn't truely give it to the people in game

[GA]rink245

Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador
ganman wrote:well i guess thas another way of looking at it I was just saying cause I had seen this somewhere else and it had proven to be really successful but either way I'm just trying to help. Cya guys ingame ^^

It's good that your suggesting stuff though. It worked other places so the GM's will probably take it into consideration.

[GM]Megaslayer

Admin
Admin
Ganman,
Thank you for the time invested in your post.

In response to your points:

1. I recently went to some other pserver forums as you suggested. i use the same measure to get a feel for the server community. After evaluating almost 10, I found only one other server that had what i would call a significant forum community. Although this one has a year on us, I found that our forum boards are pretty active. Granted there is a good bit going on behind the scenes, but I do believe we have an established forum community in B4DW. One I believe will grow into a strong element given a few months. As rink mentioned, we are new to the field. I hope people aren't casting verdict on us too soon. All things need time to develop. I want to steer away from the requirement factor and let our players do the talking as people from other pservers begin to look for alternatives. You get more flies with honey than you do vinegar.

2. Advertising. You are correct here. We do need to revamp our current strategy. Well to be honest we are just putting it together. I am working on a revamp of the website to tie in those voting site and get our rankings on the server lists a bit higher. We have kept a vbery active presence on Elitepvpers which has yielded us many new players. As the social media component of the B4DW team I wanted to give a different approach to how we are perceived beyond a list of what we have. While this approach has gotten us some sentiment, I do believe we are going to have to include some of our features as you mentioned. That will be part of our revamped look as we work on it over the next week or two.

On that note, we had created a FB page along with a fan page for players. It too is in it's infancy, but we do plan to integrate more with it in the forum of events and discussion. It has been attached to various MMO groups / fan pages to spread the word some.

We are trying to progress at an even pace keeping with the support of our current player base while continuing to grow it. We have a stable server with solid a solid management team and progressively growing player base. I believe we will soon begin to separate ourselves from the heard with the team we have.

I appreciate the insight and we do plan to implement some of the suggestions you mentioned.

Thank You,
B4DW MGMT

~Siggie by Sinful~

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum